12.11.05

Music: Nick Hornby: "Earlier on in the week that I met Bruce Springsteen"

He looked younger than the last time I saw him, and he's clearly incredibly fit. He is one of the few artists I've met who is able to talk cogently about what he does without sounding either arrogant or defensively self-deprecating.

NH: Have you got to the stage where your kids are introducing you to things?

BS: Yeah, my son likes a lot of guitar bands. He gave me something the other day which was really good. He'll burn a CD for me full of things that he has, so he's a pretty good call if I want to check some of that stuff out ... The other two aren't quite into that yet. My daughter's 12, 13, and she likes the top 40. So I end up at the Z100 Christmas show, sitting in the audience with my daughter and her friends watching every top 40 act ... I'm all over the place.
No brilliant insights, but for the believers, its good stuff.

Source: Guardian Interview of Bruce Springsteen by Nick Hornby

Sringsteen's site has a podcast that shows the inner workings of the making of Born to Run. The New York Times has a review of the boxed set version of Born to Run. (Hopefully the Times will leave it publicly available, rather than behind a for pay gate.)

No comments: